Thursday, May 22, 2008

Celeste Pizza for One

Doctors everywhere probably hate me because I encourage the mass consumption of food that is not very wholesome and has little in terms of true nutritional value. Junk food week is almost over though folks, next week will have a mixture of takeout food, perhaps a slow cooker meal, or mystery meals from the cupboard so stay tuned. Most of the time I try to balance out what I eat, however there will always be a soft spot in my heart for these fantastic treats.

Tonight is part 2 of my Attack of the Pizza installment. On the menu is Celeste Pizza for One.


After unwrapping the package, I remembered that this particular brand of frozen pizza now comes with the newly popular "silver disc".


You put the disc under the food and it helps with the heating of the food due to probably the reflective nature of the silver disc and the material it is made of. A simple circle that has a highly scientific interaction with the microwave. Junk food for nerds? I'm there!

Lately it seems the cheese on my frozen pizzas do not cook out evenly. There is always this spot in the center which is a mess. Looking again, this whole Celeste pizza is a greasy mess! Time to chow down.

The taste is wonderful as always. This brand is microwave friendly so it does not get soggy like my other favorite. The crust is crunchy yet is kind of plain which is fine. When compared to Totino's pizza, the Celeste has more of a tomato taste to it which I like. There is more sauce, but not too much. I also like the small little square cuts of pepperoni in lieu of the bigger and more traditional circular cut. As far as the cheese goes one could ask for a little more cheese although that might mess up the balance of this pizza and then it might not heat well or taste as good anymore.

My only complaint about the Celeste Pizza for One is the size. The "one" part really rings true...the pizza is quite small! I could easily eat two or three or four of these personal size pizzas but I can only imagine the amount of calories implied in such an endeavor. Later I will probably snack on some cheese and crackers or fruit because I know this little wonder is not enough.

No comments: