Friday, May 23, 2008

El Monterey Quesadillas

We all love our comfort foods, especially when they can be prepared so quickly with a microwave. As I sit here in my apartment it is a nice Friday night and I am chowing down on some El Monterey Grilled Quesadillas. Was another product I had never seen in stores before, so course I buy'em.


They heat quite well in the microwave and there was no "cold spots" like some frozen foods where you then end up putting it back in the microwave and heating for some more time (and sometimes even more time than that). The package is as always ...misleading. The box claims a serving size is 1 quesadilla. Perhaps their target audience is small people? Not sure but I ended up eating three of them to feel somewhat full.


Taste wise I did enjoy these quesadillas. If you like the "shredded beef" taste you will also most likely enjoy these melty quesadillas, however I would not consider the quesadillas as filled with "steak meat". Sticking with the shredded beef idea here of which it is really filled with. A welcome addition to these quesadillas was the generous amount of cheese they put inside. Every bite had a nice warm cheese flavor which really hit the spot. A good match for these quesadillas would be a bottle of Corona or Tecate to wash it down.


Keep snacking folks! Next week I will be bringing you articles about organic Mac n Cheese (did I really just say organic? Yah I suppose its time for something a bit more healthy) as well as reviews of local takeout food. Have a good Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: