Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Would you like Fries with that?

Walking into my apartment after a long day at work, my stomach growled. It growled a sound that only means one thing: it's time to eat some burgers. Given that the nearest burger shop is about a mile or two away, the freezer offered me a welcome surprise of tasty treats.

The supermarket had some new frozen burgers I have never seen before! Gotta grab'em!


Anxious to try I started frying them in the microwave, waiting in anticipation while the cheese melted evenly. That I would have to say was the big highlight for the burgers...the cheese did seem to melt evenly. The beef patty did not quite taste like beef and I will have to read the label more as to what this burger is really made of. A far far cry from USDA choice meat for sure. After eating one of them I ended up adding more cheese and hot sauce to spice things up which made it more palatable but still disappointing. For frozen, stick to frozen White Castle.

A burger? I think so..

As a side note the package said "full size burgers". The marketing folks who designed the package must not go out very often. When I can eat three of them, the burger is hardly full size.

Speaking of sides...for a side dish I had some Tyson chicken "anytizers".


I heated up a small portion of the chicken fries, and a few of the "bacon chedder" chicken bites. When everything was added together on the plate, a meal was born...a meal that...well it probably took at least a few days off my life.

Should I really eat all this food?


The chicken fries chicken were quite moist and delicious, perhaps the highlight of the meal. They may have been just a tad on the salty side but quite tasty. The breading was just right too. A good buy all in all. These little finger snacks are finger lickin' good.


The cheese bacon chicken "things" on the other hand were very bland. Yes, there was a bacon "like" taste, but it's more like sneaking bacos/bacon bits used for salads inside a chicken nugget. The chicken was Tyson good, but it was not cheesy inside...at all! For the life of me I could not taste the cheese. I was hoping for cheese to ooze out everywhere. Not that the chicken bites tasted bad, they just left much to be desired.



There you have it folks. Another night another meal. In the future I will be mixing in posts with healthy food along with recipes, but for now let the junk food games continue! Off to wash this meal down with another cold beer......until next time.....happy snack adventures to you.

No comments: