Monday, May 19, 2008

Totino's Soggy Pizza

Every now and then I get a craving for something that is really bad for me (okay that
craving actually happens more often than I would like).

Tonight is Attack of the Pizza Night. Now it is true I live right next door to a pizza place, but
sometimes I get the urge for a frozen pizza similar to what I used to chow down on when I was small.

As my intro to junk food, behold and feast your eyes on one of my junk food favorites:


Totino's Cripsy Crust Party Pizza!


My twist on the Totino's Frozen Pizza is simple: On the back of the box it speaks of this thing called an oven....but if you put the pizza in the microwave instead this special kind of magic
happens. The pizza becomes a very soft and delicious treat in the microwave. 2 minutes or 2:30
should suffice for a trip down memory lane.

Usually I buy the pepperoni "pizza". The box claims it is "America's Best Selling Pizza".
This is open to debate, as I would think a delivery shop would take the prize on such a
coveted title however these little frozen pizzas are full of gooey goodness all the same.

This microwave masterpiece may look disgusting but if you find it in your heart to try something a bit different you may find yourself asking for seconds. Your heart however will not thank you later. Upon further examination of the "Nutrition Facts", this packs a whopping 720 calories if you eat the small 10 ounce pizza. There is also a surprise 68 gram serving of carbs with a side of 1840mg of salt!!.


As a parting note, once I take my pride and joy out of the microwave, I like to fold it half and pick it up to eat. A bastard calzone? Is it a pizza taco? You be the judge. Best served with Sam Adams!

Bon Appetite!


Coming Soon: Attack of the Pizza Part 2

No comments: