Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lunch is Served. A Quick boxed Lunch Idea

Effortless lunch is always a welcome concept. On the lunch menu for today is Ka-me Peanut Satay. I will spare you my lecture on who really invented peanut sauce, what Satay actually is, and move right along to the food...

Noodles in a Box


Noodles, peanut sauce, a bit of ground peanuts and bamboo shoots..I think I taste a hint of garlic and red chili too. Who could ask for anything more? Open the box, mix it up, heat it up!

The sauce itself is full of flavor and on the semi-thick side in terms of sauces. A bit spicy but not too spicy. For those of you that like a bit of a kick you will be surprised, however for those of you that enjoy "5 alarm" hot...sorry you may be disappointed and will need to dig in the spice cabinet or cupboard for that extra "umphh".

The noodles are your run of the mill instant noodles. Stringy, chewy, tasty. What did you expect from this box a gourmet meal? This is quick lunch day my fellow foodie lovers, no room for expensive indulgences today.

Yum


As a closing note I would like to point out the peanut sauce does make this a greasy lunch. This would not be on my recommended list of things to eat every day as the grease/salt/carbs/fat will catch up with you. I will need to learn how to cook a more healthy version that can be enjoyed more often as noodles with peanut sauce are just that great.


You only live once, enjoy the food!

No comments: